Home      About Me      Contact      My Family       Travels       The Kitchen       The Bar

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

4th Grade Pioneer Days

Our school school celebrates Pioneer Days every spring.  It's an especially big deal for the 4th graders (and their parents!) who put it on.  4th graders study State History all year long.

All the 4th graders and their parent volunteers dress up in Pioneer Dress for the week. 

I didn't have anything Pioneer at home so had to order a dress off the internet.  I realize this is too big but it worked for the week!  And, I'll keep it for when Brennan is in 4th grade.

Today all the kids had photos taken in their pioneer outfits after their square dancing presentation.  Tomorrow I'll be helping them make frames for their photos out of twigs.  I'm looking forward to it!  Thomas will spend tomorrow at an authentic one-room schoolhouse and is taking his pioneer lunch in a bandana.  It's been a fun week!

6 comments:

Carin said...

That is so awesome! I bet it was a ton of fun. Your dress and his outfit are really great. Fun memories I'm sure!

Marice said...

that is sooo nice :) you both look great! fun times!

u may view mine too here

Jan n Jer said...

Looks like a fun way to learn about the past!

Tracy said...

What a fun way to get everyone involved. The kids will have those memories to pass onto their kids.

Erin said...

Oh, way cool! That looks like so much fun...good thinking about holding on to that dress...the next one will be in 4th grade before you know it.

~KATE~ said...

wonderful costumes! another memory to keep and reminisce. ^^,

happy weekend!

oh, here's my Thursday Shoot. \(^^)/